By using and ordering services from Web Horizons you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
1. We reserve the right to decline a contract or continuing contract for a website which we deem unfit due to content. This includes, but is not limited to, sites which are contrary to UK laws, sites that infringe copyright and sites that contain adult orientated material.
2. The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Web Horizons.
3. Web Horizons cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
4. All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client's web site, will remain the client's property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
5. The copyright for all material provided by Web Horizons, such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of Web Horizons until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
6. All Web Horizons webpages at time of completion will be validated to the latest markup standards. Web Horizons will make every effort to futureproof designs but we cannot accept responsibility for browsers that do not obey standards and new standards that result in pages not working.
7. Web Horizons will submit the client's site to search engines, free directories and optimise the content to a basic level. However, Web Horizons cannot guarantee high search engine ranking.
8. Web Horizons can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a web site promotion commission, chooses not to list a client's web site.
9. Prices obtained through the online quote system are not binding and are subject to review and change by Web Horizons.
10. If at any point during the creation of the website a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Web Horizons judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
11. If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, Web Horizons will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
12. Web Horizons expects payment by cheque, credit card or cash within 30 days of the date on the invoice.
13. Any payment returned by the bank or credit card company will incur a £25 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
14. Web Horizons does not undertake to maintain or update a client's website as part of the design commission after completion beyond that stipulated in the contract. If a client wishes Web Horizons to maintain or update a web site as a separate commission, Web Horizons will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Web site maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
15. Web Horizons reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Web Horizons prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
16. By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
Web Horizons reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions last updated 1st September 2006.